Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 16, 2018
In “Red Sparrow,” Jennifer Lawrence plays a Bolshoi Ballet dancer turned into a sex-is-her-weapon Russian spy. She seduces, flirts and her spy boss (Matthias Schoenaerts) is always remarking how cunning she is, “two steps ahead” in the cross and double-cross … Continue reading
If you’ve ever wondered what a guy slaying legions of Philistines might look like, “Samson” shows you. And if you’ve ever wondered why there are no “real” Philistines left — not just the metaphoric kind — here’s a movie that … Continue reading