Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: February 19, 2018
BAFTAs get it right (mostly), “Three Billboards” wins big
Sure, they were displaying a little “Home Isles” bias, giving Martin McDonaugh’s film five top prizes. But the British Academy of Film and Television honored “Three Billboards” at the expense of the grossly over-rated “Shape of Water” in a big … Continue reading
Movie Review: Garfield reaches High with “Breathe”
As Oscar bait, “Breathe” never had a chance. An upper class romance that morphs into an overcoming extreme disability bio-pic where that disability isn’t so much overcome as endured, its hero, Robin Cavendish (Andrew Garfield) is tad too passive, his … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Garfield reaches High with “Breathe”