Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes rogue in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: May 2014
Bobo and Klara, two 13 year-old Swedish girls, are having a debate by telephone. And the moment Klara (Mira Grosin) holds her phone through the cracked door, capturing a loud, pointless shouting match her free-spirited mother and father are having, … Continue reading
It’s not unusual for a front-loaded popcorn blockbuster like “Godzilla” or a comic book movie to have world beating Friday numbers which fall off on Saturday. People pack the theaters on date night to “be the first to see” these … Continue reading
It’s East meets West, in a culinary sense, in rural France in this — yet another culinary comedy. Helen Mirren is the big name in the cast, playing a famed French chef, maybe who’s lost her edge, when an Indian … Continue reading
Based on late Thursday and all-day Friday’s numbers, “X-Men: Days of Future Past” will be on the list of all-time best Memorial Day Weekend hits. But not at the top of the list. $97 million seems to be its Thursday-Sunday … Continue reading
Reviews for “X-Men: Days of Future Past” have been excellent. Yes, mine, too. It’s on nearly 3,000 screens. It’s in 3D. So there’s no reason it shouldn’t hit $100 million over a long holiday weekend, right? Box Office Guru thinks … Continue reading
Joe, the 400 pound Latino boy from Houston, weeps in fear and frustration. He’s not alone. Maggie, a 212 pound 12 year-old from Oklahoma, joins him. Wesley, an overweight 13 year-old in Houston, is desperate. But Brandon, 15, a 215 … Continue reading
The story of “The Immigrant” is, for many, the American story — a struggle to get to The Promised Land, to be allowed to stay and live the American Dream. But few would choose to own this take on that … Continue reading
These days, Adam Sandler is a bottle of beer that’s lost all its bubbles — cheap, mass produced domestic beer.So let’s focus on what works in his latest, “Blended,” because he sure doesn’t. Drew Barrymore, in her third pairing with … Continue reading
Leave it to the X-Men to put the fun back in summer blockbusters. Hugh Jackman, in the role he was coiffed to play, and the rest of the crew from pretty much every film in this past, present and future … Continue reading