Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Keira and Carrie play the reporters who name the "Boston Strangler"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 30, 2014
Next screening: “Cold in July”
Michael C. Hall and Sam Shepard star in this thriller about a father stumbling into a murderous ex-con. Don Johnson and Vinessa Shaw also star, so this indie picture is aiming for an older demographic.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next screening: “Cold in July”
Box Office: Will “Maleficent” be magnificent? Will “West” earn millions?
The reviews are in, and the big studio releases this weekend won’t be boosted at the box office by the critics, myself included. The joyless “Maleficent” earned weak to poor notices — kind of “Oz the Great and Powerful” but … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: Will “Maleficent” be magnificent? Will “West” earn millions?