Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
- Movie Review: "Hot for teacher" is no longer "cute in "Scarborough," or anywhere else
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 30, 2014
Michael C. Hall and Sam Shepard star in this thriller about a father stumbling into a murderous ex-con. Don Johnson and Vinessa Shaw also star, so this indie picture is aiming for an older demographic.
The reviews are in, and the big studio releases this weekend won’t be boosted at the box office by the critics, myself included. The joyless “Maleficent” earned weak to poor notices — kind of “Oz the Great and Powerful” but … Continue reading