Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: At long last, "The Croods: A New Age"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 30, 2014
Michael C. Hall and Sam Shepard star in this thriller about a father stumbling into a murderous ex-con. Don Johnson and Vinessa Shaw also star, so this indie picture is aiming for an older demographic.
The reviews are in, and the big studio releases this weekend won’t be boosted at the box office by the critics, myself included. The joyless “Maleficent” earned weak to poor notices — kind of “Oz the Great and Powerful” but … Continue reading