Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Classic Film Review: Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (1993)
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 23, 2014
Weekend Movies: Can “X-Men” hit $100, is Sandman “done”?
Reviews for “X-Men: Days of Future Past” have been excellent. Yes, mine, too. It’s on nearly 3,000 screens. It’s in 3D. So there’s no reason it shouldn’t hit $100 million over a long holiday weekend, right? Box Office Guru thinks … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Weekend Movies: Can “X-Men” hit $100, is Sandman “done”?
Movie Review: “Fed Up” reminds us that “It’s the sugar, stupid.”
Joe, the 400 pound Latino boy from Houston, weeps in fear and frustration. He’s not alone. Maggie, a 212 pound 12 year-old from Oklahoma, joins him. Wesley, an overweight 13 year-old in Houston, is desperate. But Brandon, 15, a 215 … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Fed Up” reminds us that “It’s the sugar, stupid.”
Movie Review: “The Immigrant”
The story of “The Immigrant” is, for many, the American story — a struggle to get to The Promised Land, to be allowed to stay and live the American Dream. But few would choose to own this take on that … Continue reading