Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 8, 2014
“Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return” is a harmless but almost charmless adaptation of a book by L. Frank Baum’s grandson. It’s a derivative hash of grandpa’s story, set in the present day, given forgettable new tunes by pop songsmiths such … Continue reading
He’s an actor’s actor, the very best that American film has ever produced, by some estimations. Including mine. I can name his bad performances on one finger (science fiction movie, Earth doomed, guess). Robert Duvall does a turn in “A … Continue reading