Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Miller shines, sprints and explains as "The Flash"
- Movie Review: Failure is "Elemental" in this Pixar Pic
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Movie Review -- "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 7, 2014
Movie Review: Laughs are hard to come by in “Moms’ Night Out”
Faith-based films have have become downright commonplace this year. But faith-based comedies? Comedies that work? That’s still a very short historical list — the George Burns blockbuster “Oh God,” and Andy Griffith’s “Angel in my Pocket” are the only two … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Neighbors”
“Neighbors” is an “Animal House” for “The Hangover” era, a frat boy comedy that pushes the rude and raunchy envelope into daring and dirty new territory. Hilariously coarse, reasonably shrewd and clumsily sentimental, there’s no reason it won’t earn a … Continue reading
Jon Hamm searches for that “Million Dollar Arm”
Sports agents, as “Jerry Maguire” taught us, make their mark by finding value where others don’t see it.That’s the hook to “Million Dollar Arm,” a Disney movie about a real-life agent — J.B. Bernstein — who decides the answer to … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Jon Hamm searches for that “Million Dollar Arm”
Next screening: “Chef”
Jon Favreau looks the part, is behind the camera for this cooking comedy with Dustin Hoffman, Scarlett J., Sofia Vergara, John Leguizamo, Bobby Canavale and Oliver Platt as a food critic. “Chef” goes into limited release this weekend, wider later … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next screening: “Chef”