Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 4, 2014
It’s a gamble, I know. But I figure, if I’m interviewing somebody from “Godzilla,” I want the guy whose culture gave birth to the Kaiji, the guy who, in the new movie, sympathizes with the monster he identifies by naming … Continue reading
Aging indie hipster Jim Jarmusch finally gets around to making his vampire movie with “Only Lovers Left Alive,” a droll, dry and atmospheric character study in the Jarmusch style.The director who brought us “Night on Earth,” “Mystery Train” and “Broken … Continue reading
“The Amazing Spider-Man 2” didn’t suffer much of a fall-off from Friday to Saturday. But no fall off, on most people’s first full day off to go see it, might have been expected. It’s still on track to hit $90-91 … Continue reading