Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 27, 2014
The young couple doesn’t say much when they visit the remote hydroelectric dam.“No fish ladders,” she complains. “Wonder how they got around that?”There’s not a lot of spark between them, even when they’re shopping for a ski boat. They have … Continue reading
What were your first thoughts on seeing the snippets of video of Elliot Rodger, son of a Hollywood second unit director, as he gave his reasons for setting out on a killing spree? Hollywood brat, I thought. Not ugly, apparently … Continue reading
“The Equalizer” was a more chilling than overtly violent TV series. Edward Woodward played the guy as a canny professional always a step or two ahead of the villains he was out to foil. The Antoine Fuqua/Denzel Washington version plays … Continue reading