Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Classic Film Review: Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (1993)
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 27, 2014
Movie Review: Eisenberg, Fanning and Sarsgaard go eco-terrorist in “Night Moves”
The young couple doesn’t say much when they visit the remote hydroelectric dam.“No fish ladders,” she complains. “Wonder how they got around that?”There’s not a lot of spark between them, even when they’re shopping for a ski boat. They have … Continue reading
Anne Hornaday blames Seth Rogen for the Elliot Rodger massacre — Rogen isn’t having it
What were your first thoughts on seeing the snippets of video of Elliot Rodger, son of a Hollywood second unit director, as he gave his reasons for setting out on a killing spree? Hollywood brat, I thought. Not ugly, apparently … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Anne Hornaday blames Seth Rogen for the Elliot Rodger massacre — Rogen isn’t having it
Movie Preview: Denzel & Fuqua’s “Equalizer” plays up the blood
“The Equalizer” was a more chilling than overtly violent TV series. Edward Woodward played the guy as a canny professional always a step or two ahead of the villains he was out to foil. The Antoine Fuqua/Denzel Washington version plays … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: Denzel & Fuqua’s “Equalizer” plays up the blood