Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 9, 2014
Jon Favreau makes “Iron Man” movies and crummy blockbuster comedies. What’s he doing getting his cooking chops down and stepping in front of the camera, and behind it, for “Chef,” a mouth-watering culinary wish fulfillment fantasy?Take this script, which he … Continue reading
If nothing else, the scope of the story of the West Memphis\Robin Hood Hills murders should have given “Devil’s Knot” director Atom Egoyan pause. A 1993 tragedy compounded by a laughably incompetent police investigation and the efforts of the cops, … Continue reading