Top Posts & Pages
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The Christmas Chronicles Part 2" is two hours of the holidays your kids will never get back
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 9, 2014
Jon Favreau makes “Iron Man” movies and crummy blockbuster comedies. What’s he doing getting his cooking chops down and stepping in front of the camera, and behind it, for “Chef,” a mouth-watering culinary wish fulfillment fantasy?Take this script, which he … Continue reading
If nothing else, the scope of the story of the West Memphis\Robin Hood Hills murders should have given “Devil’s Knot” director Atom Egoyan pause. A 1993 tragedy compounded by a laughably incompetent police investigation and the efforts of the cops, … Continue reading