Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Rednecks pick the wrong gay couple to torture at "The Retreat"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 15, 2014
In his latest film, “A Night in Old Mexico,” Robert Duvall rages, as the poet put it, “against the dying of the light.” As Red, a crusty old rancher who has lost his land, who has no close family left … Continue reading
Nothing opening wide this weekend has taken a critical beating. “Godzilla,” despite being kid-friendly and PG-13, which the fanboys usually turn up their noses at (darker and more violent tends to be their taste), is winning generous reviews — overly … Continue reading