Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 14, 2020
Blanca loves her BMX bike. Mom might arrange a ride share to get her to school, but to Blanca, that’s just to transport her backpack. She’ll race Señor Uber to school, taking shortcuts, doing jumps and dodging traffic as she … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Kathie Lee Gifford, Elizabeth Hurley and Craig Ferguson — in Scotland — “Then Came You”
This comes our way Oct. 2. Apparently, Scots super host Craig Ferguson set the house afire doing a co-hosting gig a few years back with Kathie Lee Gifford, and she made sure this movie came of it. Wee bit daft, … Continue reading
We do love our sports here in the West. It’s always been so. Here’s a WWII story about Brits willing to ignore the fact that the “keeper” who can save them from “relegation” is “a NAZI!” And you wonder where … Continue reading
Whatever gifts French writer/director Maïmouna Doucouré brings to the table, “subtlety” isn’t included. Her challenging, provocative hot-button Tween Girls Gone (somewhat) Wild drama “Cuties” (“Mignonnes” in French) slaps you in the face–hard — and not just once but repeatedly. It … Continue reading