Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Brittany Snow and Justin Long spend "Christmas with the Campbells" in Ketchum
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 15, 2020
A family gathers at the parents beach house for a not-quite-holiday get-together in “Blackbird,” a downbeat but arresting and intimate melodrama based on the Danish film, “Silent Heart.” Daughters Jennifer (Kate Winslet) and Anna (Mia Wasikowska) and their families are … Continue reading
I tend to look askance at movie-making nepotism, but Merawi Gerima’s debut feature, “Residue,” has me rethinking that. “Residue” is an immersive, impressionistic sketch of a Black DC expat coming home to a place he swore he’d put in his … Continue reading
This looks fun, in an early Guy Ritchie but in Ireland sorta way.
That the buzz, raging against the dying of the light Dec. 18.