Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 25, 2020
Time traveling to find a cure? Australian thriller coming soon, with Kodi Smit-McPhee.
“Guilt” is an Australian vengeance fantasy about a former child trauma psychologist turned pedophile-killing vigilante. In the parlance of the happy natives of Oz, it’s bloody awful. It’s a violent thriller that suspends suspense in favor of endless scenes of … Continue reading
As dark comedies about communicating with ghosts go, “Dead” falls closer to “The Frighteners” than “Ghost Town.” It’s funny enough in a stoner comedy way, but as its got a serial killer in it, well, you see my point. Written … Continue reading
Cutesy, corny and little-kid friendly, “Wish Upon a Unicorn” manages just enough goofy laughs to avoid “insipid,” no matter how hard everybody involved tries. It’s a bit like that holiday evergreen “Prancer,” without the sophistication and sentiment of that reindeer-loses-his-sleigh … Continue reading
It’s often said that if you examine an individual life closely enough, you’ll find the makings of universal tragedy, comedy and mystery. Directed and co-writer Cristóbal Serrá Jorquera gives that thesis a serious test in the Costa Rican drama “El … Continue reading