Top Posts & Pages
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- The voice on that World Series TV ad for Joe Biden?
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Movie Review: In the name of all that's holy, don't get stuck in "Tar"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 25, 2020
Time traveling to find a cure? Australian thriller coming soon, with Kodi Smit-McPhee.
“Guilt” is an Australian vengeance fantasy about a former child trauma psychologist turned pedophile-killing vigilante. In the parlance of the happy natives of Oz, it’s bloody awful. It’s a violent thriller that suspends suspense in favor of endless scenes of … Continue reading
As dark comedies about communicating with ghosts go, “Dead” falls closer to “The Frighteners” than “Ghost Town.” It’s funny enough in a stoner comedy way, but as its got a serial killer in it, well, you see my point. Written … Continue reading
Cutesy, corny and little-kid friendly, “Wish Upon a Unicorn” manages just enough goofy laughs to avoid “insipid,” no matter how hard everybody involved tries. It’s a bit like that holiday evergreen “Prancer,” without the sophistication and sentiment of that reindeer-loses-his-sleigh … Continue reading
It’s often said that if you examine an individual life closely enough, you’ll find the makings of universal tragedy, comedy and mystery. Directed and co-writer Cristóbal Serrá Jorquera gives that thesis a serious test in the Costa Rican drama “El … Continue reading