Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Cheating is made for "The Delinquent Season"
- Movie Review: Billy Crystal drags Tiffany Haddish into the schmaltz --"Here Today"
- Movie Review: "Midway" recreates an epic naval battle, with a lot of digital help
- Olivia Cooke proves she's more than "just a horror girl" with "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "Paper Spiders" offers as realistic a depiction of mental illness as any movie ever
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 5, 2020
“The Lost Okoroshi” is a shambolic satiric fantasy from Nigeria that never quite finds the laughs it’s looking for or hits the targets of its satire. It starts with promise and parks its heroic anti-hero in many a time-proven set-up. … Continue reading
We’ve seen so many variations on that “stalked on the highway” plot that it’s rare that one punches through and makes itself stand out. The pulse-pounding third act of “Alone” puts it right up there with “Breakdown,” if not quite … Continue reading
Her name is Lucy. Or Louise. Lucinda. Maybe Amy? She’s a med student, or studying physics or gerontology, a poet or a painter, a film critic or a waitress. And she lives in her head, narrating everything about this uncomfortable … Continue reading