Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Boogie" has the game, are his Hoop Dreams in vain?
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Ridley and Holland star in "Chaos Walking"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 5, 2020
“The Lost Okoroshi” is a shambolic satiric fantasy from Nigeria that never quite finds the laughs it’s looking for or hits the targets of its satire. It starts with promise and parks its heroic anti-hero in many a time-proven set-up. … Continue reading
We’ve seen so many variations on that “stalked on the highway” plot that it’s rare that one punches through and makes itself stand out. The pulse-pounding third act of “Alone” puts it right up there with “Breakdown,” if not quite … Continue reading
Her name is Lucy. Or Louise. Lucinda. Maybe Amy? She’s a med student, or studying physics or gerontology, a poet or a painter, a film critic or a waitress. And she lives in her head, narrating everything about this uncomfortable … Continue reading