Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Big" styled body switch from Lail to Keaton -- "Mack & Rita"
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Movie Review: Aubrey Plaza is the voice of her generation -- "Emily the Criminal"
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Movie Review: Gemma Arterton falls for the "Rogue Agent" -- or does she?
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- Movie Review: Make a Great Climb, risk a Great "Fall"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2020
What we have here in the disastrously dull pilot to a TV series only comic book diehards would watch. A cast starved of charisma, an “origin story” screenplay barely worthy of the name and middling action beats — and damned … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Tenet” manages a $20M Labor Day opening, “Mutants” die, “Mulan” made money in theaters…overseas
I am posting this as I wait for a second weekend showing of “The New Mutants,” at a favorite cut price local cinema that reopened Friday. The taped-off sections of the AMC Classic 12 in New Smyrna Beach are illustrative … Continue reading