Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 30, 2020
“The Keeper” is a stately, sturdy to the edge of stolid film biography of Bert Trautmann, legendary and beloved goalie for Manchester City soccer from the late ’40s into the 1960s. It’s what he did before that career that makes … Continue reading
It’s Coppola and Robert Evans and Paramount and Puzo and the battle to make a masterpiece. This could be fun. https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-godfather-making-of-movie-oscar-isaac-francis-coppola-jake-gyllenhaal-robert-evans-barry-levinson-francis-and-the-godfather-1234588678/
Netflixable? A dying Spanish village, four African dancers on the lam — “A Remarkable Tale (Lo nunca visto)”
Loud, manic, cute and colorful, nobody’ll confuse the Spanish comedy “A Remarkable Tale (Lo nunca visto)” for high art. But the acting’s fun. And this goofy riff on long-held prejudices, cultural decay and immigration fills the bill if you’re looking … Continue reading
We see the threat long before she does. But Margo “Maggie” Crane (Kenadi DelaCerna) is 15, growing up without a mother in the pre-Internet 1970s of Northern Michigan. Her Native American Dad (Tatanka Means) taught her how to work the … Continue reading