Top Posts & Pages
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- The voice on that World Series TV ad for Joe Biden?
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: In the name of all that's holy, don't get stuck in "Tar"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 26, 2020
In a half-dead mall, with a long-on-life-support Regal Cineplex let’s catch “Late Shift” in the town where star Richard Jenkins’ sister lives, scenic Oviedo, Florida. I’ve profiled RJ a few times, never fails to mention his sis, though her name … Continue reading
There are fatal flaws with any movie about a journey of “self-discovery,” be it “Eat Pray Love” or “Razor’s Edge” or documentaries on “losing the ego” in a traveling spiritual quest (“The Last Shaman,” “The Look of Silence”). It’s the … Continue reading
“Two Hundred Thousand Dirty” is one of those low-rent Tarantino knock-offs that we used to see in film festivals all over North America. A ready acknowledgement that the filmmaker’s seen “Reservoir Dogs,” an incompetent nod to “Pulp Fiction,” with maybe … Continue reading