Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 19, 2020
It was 1951, and nobody was making movies about racism and African American rage back then. Much of the cast was local amateurs. As it was filmed in Argentina but set in Chicago, that makes for some odd accents. The … Continue reading
There’s arguing — not loud, not heated — at the funeral reception. It was a Jewish funeral, and the debate is over the deceased’s last wish — to be cremated. But there is no arguing over why “she” killed herself. … Continue reading
Ok, none of the folks involved in making “This is Spinal Tap” way back when has had great demands on their time these past few years. Yes, it would have been interesting if they’d taken a chance at reviving the … Continue reading
The creators of the Indonesian romantic comedy “Whipped” play versions of themselves, which is the cleverest thing this film (“Bucin,” in Indonesian) has going for it. To wit — Chandra Liow is ID’d in the opening credits as “single” and … Continue reading
One thing becomes obvious in this ambitious, star-studded yet staid version of France’s infamous “Dreyfus Affair.” The officious, patriotic family man this scandal centered around was far from being the most fascinating character in his own tragedy. If the great … Continue reading
Liam, playing yet another man “with very particular skills?” Even he should be tired of this by now. Still, he always gives fair value, even in plots as far fetched as this one. Oct. 9 “Honest Thief” opens.