Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Boogie" has the game, are his Hoop Dreams in vain?
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Ridley and Holland star in "Chaos Walking"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 1, 2020
“Sputnik,” for those who’ve forgotten their Space Race history, is the Russian word for “companion.” It was cute that the Bolsheviks chose to name the Earth’s first satellite that, a tiny radio-transmitting metal ball launched into space, Earth’s first man-made … Continue reading
He does what college kids do. He looks to Apple for help. “Hey Siri,” he says (in Chinese with English subtitles). “Turn the screen light up to the brightest!” But Siri can’t save him. He calls out for flashfight function … Continue reading
Some years back, the Smithsonian got into trouble in planning an exhibit around the Enola Gay, the B-29 bomber whose crew dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima, which helped end World War II. The occasion was the 50th anniversary … Continue reading
If you ever wonder if documentary filmmakers get attached to the people they make their films about, people who are often struggling to get by, the answer is yes. Sometimes they try to help. It’s called compassion. From Indiewire https://www.indiewire.com/2020/08/honeyland-team-buys-home-for-documentary-subject-1234583594/