Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Cheating is made for "The Delinquent Season"
- Movie Review: Billy Crystal drags Tiffany Haddish into the schmaltz --"Here Today"
- Movie Review: "Midway" recreates an epic naval battle, with a lot of digital help
- Olivia Cooke proves she's more than "just a horror girl" with "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl"
- Movie Review: "Paper Spiders" offers as realistic a depiction of mental illness as any movie ever
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 4, 2020
Christopher Nolan’s expected summer blockbuster has been delayed, repeatedly, all summer long thanks to the ongoing pandemic. Even opening it Labor Day seems like a huge gamble, considering its $225 million budget. With 2800 screens showing it, all of them … Continue reading
What an odd duck of a kids’ comedy “H is for Happiness” is. This Aussie confection tests one’s patience and foils attempts at interpretation. It takes forever to get going, and tends to balance every potentially giddy moment with a … Continue reading
Mississippi-born filmmaker Jaclyn Bethany tells a story of love, madness and betrayal in “Indigo Valley,” adapted from her short film of the same title. The original film was set and shot in Iceland. The feature-length version, alas, is not. Bethany … Continue reading
“Wan” and “bloodless” are the first words to leap to mind about this online dating/lawsuit-over-online-dating romantic comedy. “Love Guaranteed” starts out on life support and never comes out of the coma. It’s a creaking and sentimental followup by the screenwriters … Continue reading