Top Posts & Pages
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- The voice on that World Series TV ad for Joe Biden?
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: In the name of all that's holy, don't get stuck in "Tar"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 23, 2020
“GIMS: On the Record” is a quick-study immersion in the French pop hero of the moment, Maitre Gims, a singer-rapper born in the Congo, raised in Paris, with an “operatic” voice that separates him from his contemporaries at home and … Continue reading
My favorite line, in all of classic adventure cinema, comes early in the 1950 version of “Cyrano de Bergerac.” Most other screen adaptations of the Edmond Rostand 19th century play leave it out, but maybe that’s because no one else … Continue reading
“Sno Babies” is a grim, unblinking look at the horrors of drug abuse, a “Scared Straight” for teens facing that first oxy tablet, that first dabble with the needle and the spoon. It’s as heavy-handed as a faith-based sermon on … Continue reading
A serious film featuring teen siren Joey King? “Radium Girls” is about an infamous pre OSHA factory poisoning where workers were exposed to the stuff that made watches glow in the dark. Good that this finally has a release date. … Continue reading
Tip of the hat to Netflix, for indulging the first star the streaming service has actually created with this bon bon of a showcase. Millie Bobby Brown is the age of the character she’s playing, “Enola Holmes,” aka Sherlock Holmes’ … Continue reading