Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 20, 2020
William Oliver “Ollie” Stone, child of Eastern privilege who eschewed at least some of that advantage to go through hard knocks on his own, a Vietnam Vet who enlisted and fought as an infantryman, later a pacifist and outspoken critic … Continue reading
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/ Jim Caviezel’s latest red meat for red States, “Infidel,” averaged a paltry $8-900 per screen, not clearing $1.5 in wide release. “New Mutants,” out since Labor Day, bested it. “Unhinged,” out since mid August almost did.
I can see the Academy’s point, but perhaps the emphasis should be on below the line production gigs, where diversity is a bigger problem, might be the first step here. We’re already seeing films where checkbox casting is calling attention … Continue reading