Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 20, 2020
William Oliver “Ollie” Stone, child of Eastern privilege who eschewed at least some of that advantage to go through hard knocks on his own, a Vietnam Vet who enlisted and fought as an infantryman, later a pacifist and outspoken critic … Continue reading
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/ Jim Caviezel’s latest red meat for red States, “Infidel,” averaged a paltry $8-900 per screen, not clearing $1.5 in wide release. “New Mutants,” out since Labor Day, bested it. “Unhinged,” out since mid August almost did.
I can see the Academy’s point, but perhaps the emphasis should be on below the line production gigs, where diversity is a bigger problem, might be the first step here. We’re already seeing films where checkbox casting is calling attention … Continue reading