Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 20, 2020
William Oliver “Ollie” Stone, child of Eastern privilege who eschewed at least some of that advantage to go through hard knocks on his own, a Vietnam Vet who enlisted and fought as an infantryman, later a pacifist and outspoken critic … Continue reading
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/ Jim Caviezel’s latest red meat for red States, “Infidel,” averaged a paltry $8-900 per screen, not clearing $1.5 in wide release. “New Mutants,” out since Labor Day, bested it. “Unhinged,” out since mid August almost did.
I can see the Academy’s point, but perhaps the emphasis should be on below the line production gigs, where diversity is a bigger problem, might be the first step here. We’re already seeing films where checkbox casting is calling attention … Continue reading