Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Brittany Snow and Justin Long spend "Christmas with the Campbells" in Ketchum
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 8, 2020
Zombie movies are challenging Kia and K-Pop as Korea’s major export, these days. “Train to Busan” and “Peninsula” were big budget theatrical entries, and “#Alive” arrives as the Netflix version, lower stakes, smaller scale, more intimate by design. It doesn’t … Continue reading
There have been a lot of documentaries about Donald Trump and Donald Trump’s America, and more will show up between now and election day 2020. But the only one on that subject that strikes me as “essential viewing” is “Red, … Continue reading
A post Great Recession journey of discovery, van life in a broke and broken America.
“Immortal” is an interesting Screenwriting 201 assignment that somehow made it onto the screen. How would your thriller/horror/end-of-life drama screenplay turn out differently if a character or characters could not be killed? “The Villain Who Won’t Die” is an old … Continue reading
“Villain” is a straight-up gangster picture in the modern British mold, Cockney hoodlums slinging slang, talking tough and when the need arises, breaking out the hammer and breaking heads. Genre veteran Craig Fairbrass (“Get Lucky,” “The Hooligan Factory”) rumbles through … Continue reading