Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Book Review: Remembering a Bomb and trying to make sense of the guy who made it -- "Cimino: The Deer Hunter, Heaven's Gate and the Price of Vision"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: Arranged marriage? Get through that first Pandemic date, which lasts "7 Days"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 24, 2020
AMC Cinemas, America’s second largest theater chain, has filed to sell more stock shares to raise money in the face of the Covid Collapse of movie going. The stock price is running further as a result Deceitful red state governors … Continue reading
“Beastie Boys Story” is a TED Talk with swearing, tales of (faux) debauchery from a couple of 50somethings remembering making music that started as a joke and morphed into something with staying power. Spike Jonze directed it and it was … Continue reading
Olivia Cooke plays the singer he loves, and Mathieu Amalric is also in the cast of this awards season release. This hits theaters and Amazon Prime this November.
The unemotive animation makes the faces in the “babies with superpowers” comedy “Fe@rless” look like CGI botox. And the disinterested “Has the check cleared?” voice acting seems to match in this cartoon quicky made for Netflix. It’s an incredibly dull … Continue reading
Another vacation gone-wrong tale, with murderous and supernatural elements. Luke Hemsworth, older brother of Chris and Liam, co-stars with Maggie Q as the husband who might have murdered her (his wife) the night before. “Saws” sequel director Darren Lynn Bousman … Continue reading
My stars and garters, I cannot remember a generally thoughtful science fiction film going completely go off the rails in its finale the way “LX 2048” does. What begins as a gloomy commentary on a world dialed-in and “tuning out” … Continue reading