Top Posts & Pages
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: Another "Black Beauty," this time with Winslet voicing the horse, for Disney+
- Movie Review: At long last, "The Croods: A New Age"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? A Middle School reunion goes very French, and very wrong in "Back to School/La Grande Classe"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 7, 2020
Three Oscar winners, one coming attraction. With Dax Shepherd, Eddie Griffin and Emile Hirsch. I’ll laugh at anything that ridicules movie biz “types,” and a 70s period piece? Look for this come November.
The bar isn’t unreasonably high for modern musical biographies. Make that “a hit is created/a star is born” moment work and let music and nostalgia carry the picture. “I Am Woman” has more than that. A star-making turn by Tilda … Continue reading