Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Boogie" has the game, are his Hoop Dreams in vain?
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Ridley and Holland star in "Chaos Walking"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 3, 2020
It will be hard to top Rose Byrne’s canny, sexy take on the feminist icon Gloria Steinem, one of the standout performances in Hulu’s “Mrs America” series this past spring. Alicia Vikander and Julianne Moore, and two younger actresses will … Continue reading
In the canon, it’s listed with “the problem plays,” those Shakespearean works treated as comedies but with death, troubles and darkness lain o’er the “true love tested” proceedings. Resetting “Measure for Measure” in modern day Australia, in the gangland apartment … Continue reading
This, from Exhibitor Relations. Go to the link, find your IMAX.“Every single IMAX theater playing ‘Tenet’ in the US” https://t.co/YAYK0jSrFm via @thisisinsider https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/1301583860988166145?s=20
Mel’s been tested all her life. It started with her Daddy (Carl Clemons-Hopkins) on the track. “You body always fights against you,” he’d growl, as teen Mel whimpered in pain. “It doesn’t tell you what to do!” She ran and … Continue reading
“Beauty and the Beast” remains the gold standard for Disney remaking its animated classics as live action, or “looks like live action” (“The Lion King”) feature films. Stripped of the singing and the comedy that made the animated “Mulan” the … Continue reading
Bad guys everywhere…