Top Posts & Pages
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: Another "Black Beauty," this time with Winslet voicing the horse, for Disney+
- Movie Review: At long last, "The Croods: A New Age"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? A Middle School reunion goes very French, and very wrong in "Back to School/La Grande Classe"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 3, 2020
It will be hard to top Rose Byrne’s canny, sexy take on the feminist icon Gloria Steinem, one of the standout performances in Hulu’s “Mrs America” series this past spring. Alicia Vikander and Julianne Moore, and two younger actresses will … Continue reading
In the canon, it’s listed with “the problem plays,” those Shakespearean works treated as comedies but with death, troubles and darkness lain o’er the “true love tested” proceedings. Resetting “Measure for Measure” in modern day Australia, in the gangland apartment … Continue reading
This, from Exhibitor Relations. Go to the link, find your IMAX.“Every single IMAX theater playing ‘Tenet’ in the US” https://t.co/YAYK0jSrFm via @thisisinsider https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/1301583860988166145?s=20
Mel’s been tested all her life. It started with her Daddy (Carl Clemons-Hopkins) on the track. “You body always fights against you,” he’d growl, as teen Mel whimpered in pain. “It doesn’t tell you what to do!” She ran and … Continue reading
“Beauty and the Beast” remains the gold standard for Disney remaking its animated classics as live action, or “looks like live action” (“The Lion King”) feature films. Stripped of the singing and the comedy that made the animated “Mulan” the … Continue reading
Bad guys everywhere…