Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Brittany Snow and Justin Long spend "Christmas with the Campbells" in Ketchum
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 3, 2020
It will be hard to top Rose Byrne’s canny, sexy take on the feminist icon Gloria Steinem, one of the standout performances in Hulu’s “Mrs America” series this past spring. Alicia Vikander and Julianne Moore, and two younger actresses will … Continue reading
In the canon, it’s listed with “the problem plays,” those Shakespearean works treated as comedies but with death, troubles and darkness lain o’er the “true love tested” proceedings. Resetting “Measure for Measure” in modern day Australia, in the gangland apartment … Continue reading
This, from Exhibitor Relations. Go to the link, find your IMAX.“Every single IMAX theater playing ‘Tenet’ in the US” https://t.co/YAYK0jSrFm via @thisisinsider https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/1301583860988166145?s=20
Mel’s been tested all her life. It started with her Daddy (Carl Clemons-Hopkins) on the track. “You body always fights against you,” he’d growl, as teen Mel whimpered in pain. “It doesn’t tell you what to do!” She ran and … Continue reading
“Beauty and the Beast” remains the gold standard for Disney remaking its animated classics as live action, or “looks like live action” (“The Lion King”) feature films. Stripped of the singing and the comedy that made the animated “Mulan” the … Continue reading
Bad guys everywhere…