Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 19, 2020
You’d be hard pressed to find better examples of “on the nose” casting than having Kerry Washington play a proud, sensual but stand-offish artist and Reese Witherspoon an obnoxiously over-organized control-freak queen of an affluent “planned community.” Add “single mom” … Continue reading
“The Banker” is a sturdy, entertaining period piece about a little known episode in civil rights history, an effort to open the door to “The American Dream” by a couple of real estate tycoons who took over two banks. The … Continue reading