Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 19, 2020
You’d be hard pressed to find better examples of “on the nose” casting than having Kerry Washington play a proud, sensual but stand-offish artist and Reese Witherspoon an obnoxiously over-organized control-freak queen of an affluent “planned community.” Add “single mom” … Continue reading
“The Banker” is a sturdy, entertaining period piece about a little known episode in civil rights history, an effort to open the door to “The American Dream” by a couple of real estate tycoons who took over two banks. The … Continue reading