Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Dutch Road Ragers are just the worst -- "Tailgate (Bumperkleef)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 19, 2020
You’d be hard pressed to find better examples of “on the nose” casting than having Kerry Washington play a proud, sensual but stand-offish artist and Reese Witherspoon an obnoxiously over-organized control-freak queen of an affluent “planned community.” Add “single mom” … Continue reading
“The Banker” is a sturdy, entertaining period piece about a little known episode in civil rights history, an effort to open the door to “The American Dream” by a couple of real estate tycoons who took over two banks. The … Continue reading