Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 30, 2020
You kids probably don’t remember “The Cross and the Switchblade,”a 1970 faith-based film that leaned heavily on “West Side Story” for its setting, Pat Boone and Erik Estrada as its preacher and gang-bangers, and every movie Billy Graham ever made … Continue reading
I’m looking over, a bomb named “Clover,” that you all should sure ignore… Man, just when you think a bloody-minded mob comedy can’t get any worse, here’s one that lowers the bar, time and again. Jesus, Mary and Joseph Mantegna, … Continue reading
“Waldo on Weed” takes its title and its tone from its host and star. Brian Dwyer starts the film as a media-savvy Philadelphia pizza entrepreneur, a thin ginger-bearded goofball who knew how to get attention for Brain Pizza, his landmark … Continue reading