Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2020
They called it “The Battle of the Atlantic” back in “The Big One, WWII.” German U-Boats, later forming into “wolfpacks” attacked Allied convoys from North America to Great Britain. Destroyers and corvettes, “tin cans” or “Greyhounds,” dashed about and hunted … Continue reading
Shorter and different, giving away more of the conceit behind the story. “Antebellum” opens April 24.
Boy, you settle in for an easy-going feel-good sports drama, and “The Grizzlies” is what you get instead. It’s got lump-in-the-throat, feel-good moments, sure. But the stakes could not be higher in this Canadian production. It begins with a suicide, … Continue reading
“The Way Back” is a dull if somewhat likable nothing of a sports melodrama. It offers a “My character got sober, just like me” story arc for Ben Affleck to talk about on the chat shows. And good for him. … Continue reading