Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2020
They called it “The Battle of the Atlantic” back in “The Big One, WWII.” German U-Boats, later forming into “wolfpacks” attacked Allied convoys from North America to Great Britain. Destroyers and corvettes, “tin cans” or “Greyhounds,” dashed about and hunted … Continue reading
Shorter and different, giving away more of the conceit behind the story. “Antebellum” opens April 24.
Boy, you settle in for an easy-going feel-good sports drama, and “The Grizzlies” is what you get instead. It’s got lump-in-the-throat, feel-good moments, sure. But the stakes could not be higher in this Canadian production. It begins with a suicide, … Continue reading
“The Way Back” is a dull if somewhat likable nothing of a sports melodrama. It offers a “My character got sober, just like me” story arc for Ben Affleck to talk about on the chat shows. And good for him. … Continue reading