Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2020
They called it “The Battle of the Atlantic” back in “The Big One, WWII.” German U-Boats, later forming into “wolfpacks” attacked Allied convoys from North America to Great Britain. Destroyers and corvettes, “tin cans” or “Greyhounds,” dashed about and hunted … Continue reading
Shorter and different, giving away more of the conceit behind the story. “Antebellum” opens April 24.
Boy, you settle in for an easy-going feel-good sports drama, and “The Grizzlies” is what you get instead. It’s got lump-in-the-throat, feel-good moments, sure. But the stakes could not be higher in this Canadian production. It begins with a suicide, … Continue reading
“The Way Back” is a dull if somewhat likable nothing of a sports melodrama. It offers a “My character got sober, just like me” story arc for Ben Affleck to talk about on the chat shows. And good for him. … Continue reading