Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 12, 2020
Let’s not make too much of this, but the comic book adaptation “Bloodshot” is basically a new and improved “Universal Soldier” or “Six Million Dollar Man” variation, with a better cast, fresh effects and “upgrades.” But throw in the … Continue reading
April 17 VOD and streaming.
This one looks interesting and novel in approach. Pops out March 17, and I will be reviewing it shortly.
You don’t have to be drunk to appreciate the no-budget charms of “Jurassic Thunder.” Strike that. Being drunk is pretty much a prerequisite for watching this models and DIY effects student film, streaming now. Not a “student film?” My bad, … Continue reading
Got to put that “Onward” outing in the rear view mirror, and quick. But, as Seinfeld puts it, What is the DEAL with Pixar’s obsession with DEATH?
There’s an opinion, common in certain film fan communities on the Internet, that carries the belief that kids’ movies are too treacly, inoffensive and mild-mannered for the little darlings’ own good. I don’t necessarily think they’re wrong. Children are … Continue reading