Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 12, 2020
Let’s not make too much of this, but the comic book adaptation “Bloodshot” is basically a new and improved “Universal Soldier” or “Six Million Dollar Man” variation, with a better cast, fresh effects and “upgrades.” But throw in the … Continue reading
April 17 VOD and streaming.
This one looks interesting and novel in approach. Pops out March 17, and I will be reviewing it shortly.
You don’t have to be drunk to appreciate the no-budget charms of “Jurassic Thunder.” Strike that. Being drunk is pretty much a prerequisite for watching this models and DIY effects student film, streaming now. Not a “student film?” My bad, … Continue reading
Got to put that “Onward” outing in the rear view mirror, and quick. But, as Seinfeld puts it, What is the DEAL with Pixar’s obsession with DEATH?
There’s an opinion, common in certain film fan communities on the Internet, that carries the belief that kids’ movies are too treacly, inoffensive and mild-mannered for the little darlings’ own good. I don’t necessarily think they’re wrong. Children are … Continue reading