Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 12, 2020
Let’s not make too much of this, but the comic book adaptation “Bloodshot” is basically a new and improved “Universal Soldier” or “Six Million Dollar Man” variation, with a better cast, fresh effects and “upgrades.” But throw in the … Continue reading
April 17 VOD and streaming.
This one looks interesting and novel in approach. Pops out March 17, and I will be reviewing it shortly.
You don’t have to be drunk to appreciate the no-budget charms of “Jurassic Thunder.” Strike that. Being drunk is pretty much a prerequisite for watching this models and DIY effects student film, streaming now. Not a “student film?” My bad, … Continue reading
Got to put that “Onward” outing in the rear view mirror, and quick. But, as Seinfeld puts it, What is the DEAL with Pixar’s obsession with DEATH?
There’s an opinion, common in certain film fan communities on the Internet, that carries the belief that kids’ movies are too treacly, inoffensive and mild-mannered for the little darlings’ own good. I don’t necessarily think they’re wrong. Children are … Continue reading