Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 20, 2020
“Blow the Man Down” is a homey and nasty little neo-noir set on the fishing coast of Maine. Stylish, with a “Greek Chorus” of oilskin-clad fishermen looking on and singing sea chanteys as the murders and cover-ups are laid out … Continue reading
Maybe the world didn’t know it needed a Russian Guy Ritchie film. But here it is. “Why Don’t You Just Die!” is a grimly gruesome and laugh-out-loud tale of lies, double-crosses, brawls, gunplay and torture. And if Madonna’s ex-husband didn’t … Continue reading
The theatrical release for this festival award winner has been c anceled, so VOD it is.