Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Addicted to devices, our health and our democracy imperiled -- "The Social Dilemma"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 16, 2020
Idris Elba (@idriselba) Tweeted: This morning I tested positive for Covid 19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus. Stay home people and … Continue reading
“Bad Lucky Goat” is funnier and sunnier than any movie that opens with a decapitated goat’s head floating in the Caribbean has any right to be. It’s “Weekend at Bernie’s” with a billy goat — “Weekend at Billy’s” — set … Continue reading
Stay at home as much as possible. Listen to the experts, ignore the morons (foreheads). We will get through this together. pic.twitter.com/FRg41QehuB — Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) March 16, 2020
Here’s a little soapy escape from the calamities of the day, an Indian “Joy Luck Club” set in a “Downton Abbey” world. “Draupadi Unleashed” is a multi-generational saga about the struggles of women in the Indian patriarchy, limiting most of … Continue reading
That sort of social distancing should be easy as attendance plummets. AMC CEO says “whichever is less” will be their guideline. I was in two showings Thursday in which I was the sole customer. The Hollywood Reporter adds that “S&P … Continue reading
All these replays of sports events of the past filling the network airwaves this last weekend brought this image to mind. Charlton Heston, sitting alone in an LA movie house, remembering what “crowds” look like. What was he watching? Michael … Continue reading
Madeline Murray O’Hair, Anita Bryant and Phyllis Schlafly…a generation of”The Most Hated Women in America.” Two of them have been the subject of feature films. As of April, anyway. Hulu has Cate as Phyllis next month.