Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 16, 2020
Idris Elba (@idriselba) Tweeted: This morning I tested positive for Covid 19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus. Stay home people and … Continue reading
“Bad Lucky Goat” is funnier and sunnier than any movie that opens with a decapitated goat’s head floating in the Caribbean has any right to be. It’s “Weekend at Bernie’s” with a billy goat — “Weekend at Billy’s” — set … Continue reading
Stay at home as much as possible. Listen to the experts, ignore the morons (foreheads). We will get through this together. pic.twitter.com/FRg41QehuB — Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) March 16, 2020
Here’s a little soapy escape from the calamities of the day, an Indian “Joy Luck Club” set in a “Downton Abbey” world. “Draupadi Unleashed” is a multi-generational saga about the struggles of women in the Indian patriarchy, limiting most of … Continue reading
That sort of social distancing should be easy as attendance plummets. AMC CEO says “whichever is less” will be their guideline. I was in two showings Thursday in which I was the sole customer. The Hollywood Reporter adds that “S&P … Continue reading
All these replays of sports events of the past filling the network airwaves this last weekend brought this image to mind. Charlton Heston, sitting alone in an LA movie house, remembering what “crowds” look like. What was he watching? Michael … Continue reading
Madeline Murray O’Hair, Anita Bryant and Phyllis Schlafly…a generation of”The Most Hated Women in America.” Two of them have been the subject of feature films. As of April, anyway. Hulu has Cate as Phyllis next month.