Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Catch it while you can, "ECCO" could be the worst movie of 2019
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 21, 2020
If you’re an American adult, and sentient, you’ve got to figure there are two attitudes to take towards Hulu’s exhaustive, four hour+ Hillary Rodham Clinton documentary, “Hillary.” It’s either too soon, or too late. Documentarian Nanette Burnstein’s interviews with Clinton … Continue reading
Streamable? Italian siblings and their families confront a tragedy at “The Dinner (“I Nostri Ragazzi”)
Dutch novelist Herman Koch’s moral dilemma drama “The Dinner” was turned into a properly tense and claustrophobic night-out drama by Oren Moverman (“The Messenger,” Love & Mercy”) pitting Richard Gere and Steve Coogan against each other a couple of years … Continue reading
Can a physicist and a photographer find love? And keep it? Not speaking about “The Big Bang Theory,” of course. Here’s one that’s out there in the streaming universe now, a struggling couple who look cute and Canadian, but may … Continue reading