Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Addicted to devices, our health and our democracy imperiled -- "The Social Dilemma"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 21, 2020
If you’re an American adult, and sentient, you’ve got to figure there are two attitudes to take towards Hulu’s exhaustive, four hour+ Hillary Rodham Clinton documentary, “Hillary.” It’s either too soon, or too late. Documentarian Nanette Burnstein’s interviews with Clinton … Continue reading
Streamable? Italian siblings and their families confront a tragedy at “The Dinner (“I Nostri Ragazzi”)
Dutch novelist Herman Koch’s moral dilemma drama “The Dinner” was turned into a properly tense and claustrophobic night-out drama by Oren Moverman (“The Messenger,” Love & Mercy”) pitting Richard Gere and Steve Coogan against each other a couple of years … Continue reading
Can a physicist and a photographer find love? And keep it? Not speaking about “The Big Bang Theory,” of course. Here’s one that’s out there in the streaming universe now, a struggling couple who look cute and Canadian, but may … Continue reading