Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 21, 2020
If you’re an American adult, and sentient, you’ve got to figure there are two attitudes to take towards Hulu’s exhaustive, four hour+ Hillary Rodham Clinton documentary, “Hillary.” It’s either too soon, or too late. Documentarian Nanette Burnstein’s interviews with Clinton … Continue reading
Streamable? Italian siblings and their families confront a tragedy at “The Dinner (“I Nostri Ragazzi”)
Dutch novelist Herman Koch’s moral dilemma drama “The Dinner” was turned into a properly tense and claustrophobic night-out drama by Oren Moverman (“The Messenger,” Love & Mercy”) pitting Richard Gere and Steve Coogan against each other a couple of years … Continue reading
Can a physicist and a photographer find love? And keep it? Not speaking about “The Big Bang Theory,” of course. Here’s one that’s out there in the streaming universe now, a struggling couple who look cute and Canadian, but may … Continue reading