Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 7, 2020
They still take walks together and still goof around a bit when they do. Their bickering is more cute bantering, about “When’re you going to take the (Xmas) decorations down?” “When’re YOU gonna take them down?” “Kid” is his term … Continue reading
It’s brutishly heavy-handed, with a performance or two so hammy they came straight from the smokehouse. But those quibbles aside, “Beneath Us” is a torture porn satire that never fails to hold one’s interest, even if it doesn’t quite come … Continue reading
Yes, this is what I do between screenings in a theater — post trailers I’ve just seen before the last show. Kristen Scott Thomas brings her posh prickliness and Sharon Horgan her goofy “Catastrophe” irreverence to this late March release … Continue reading
Well, that’s when Lionsgate is releasing “Run.” Mother’s Day. A Munchausen by Proxy tale of terror?
This Easter release looks awfully “Call of the Wild” — digital effects, flowers and birds, turning the classic novel “The Secret Garden” into something more “Alice in Wonderland” ish. Colin Firth and Julie Walters are the big names in this … Continue reading
The trailers and TV commercials showed it to be a hard picture to sell. Almost in the “Why was this movie animated?” vein. Human/elvish characters, a van trip “quest.” Minimal effects. Not that touching, not that funny. And then there’s … Continue reading
The cancellation of the coolest cultural event in Texas due to fears of spreading the Corona Virus among musicians, filmmakers and fans prompted this tweet from the director of “Sean of the Dead.” edgarwright (@edgarwright) Tweeted: I love SXSW, it’s … Continue reading