Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 14, 2020
The casual film fan might not recognize this, but serious movie buffs can vouch for what a game-changing venture Gore Verbinski’s “Pirates of the Caribbean” blockbusters were. For half a century before Verbinski and Depp, Keira and Orlando set sail, … Continue reading
The most consequential current faith-based movie, a film built on Christian themes of redemption, forgiveness, turning the other cheek and righteousness, is rated R. “Burden” is not a “family” picture, and a whole lot of faith-based film fans will skip … Continue reading
Irish brothers, a mob debt, on the run and taking on teenage accomplice — an April 2 release.
There’s not a huge dip in movie going due to the Coronavirus showing in this weekend’s box office take. Not based on Thursday night and Friday’s take, any way. Church pre sales of the Christian musical weeper “I Still Believe” … Continue reading