Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "Junkie Hunters" fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in "American Relapse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 14, 2020
The casual film fan might not recognize this, but serious movie buffs can vouch for what a game-changing venture Gore Verbinski’s “Pirates of the Caribbean” blockbusters were. For half a century before Verbinski and Depp, Keira and Orlando set sail, … Continue reading
The most consequential current faith-based movie, a film built on Christian themes of redemption, forgiveness, turning the other cheek and righteousness, is rated R. “Burden” is not a “family” picture, and a whole lot of faith-based film fans will skip … Continue reading
Irish brothers, a mob debt, on the run and taking on teenage accomplice — an April 2 release.
There’s not a huge dip in movie going due to the Coronavirus showing in this weekend’s box office take. Not based on Thursday night and Friday’s take, any way. Church pre sales of the Christian musical weeper “I Still Believe” … Continue reading