Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 25, 2020
Nowadays, there’d be a credit at the beginning of the Ealing Studios classic, “Whisky Galore!” “Inspired by a true story.” But nobody’s needed that rider on this most Scottish of comedies. The people who know that true whisky is spelled … Continue reading
Two things we’ve been conditioned to expect from the “slow-burn thriller” is that it A) IGNITE at some point, and B) have a certain logic to it. The Spanish drama “The Occupant” doesn’t want to play by those rules. It … Continue reading
No, Taraji doesn’t play the kid. She’s the foul mouthed child’s brassy mama. April 3 on Netflix.
“Same Boat” is a little no-budget sci-fi comedy that walks that uneasy line between “deadpan” and “half-assed.” It reaches for droll and dabbles in humanity. But the laughs are few and far between in this travelogue/cruise ship misadventure that seems … Continue reading
“Lost Girls” is a moody, atmospheric but oddly unemotional mystery about exactly what the title implies — “lost girls.” It’s a “true crime” missing persons police procedural seen almost wholly from the point of view of missing young woman’s mother, … Continue reading
I like John Carroll Lynch’s cinematic (cell phone) takes on the sonnets. Sonnet 60 #readasonnet pic.twitter.com/JHmVY0FSPr — John Carroll Lynch (@MrJCLynch) March 20, 2020