Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Addicted to devices, our health and our democracy imperiled -- "The Social Dilemma"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 8, 2020
Movie Review: A great artist takes a final bow with a bio-pic of a great artist — Wajda’s “Afterimage”
The late Polish filmmaker Andrej Wajda was the first exposure many of us outside of the Soviet Bloc had to Eastern European cinema outside of a film class. His movies weren’t Soviet or “state” sanctioned, but gave us a taste … Continue reading
Pixar’s “Onward” rode meek endorsements from reviewers, even those without the guts to pan it, to the low end of its projected opening weekend take. $40 million is peanuts, by Pixar standards. Would you like to bet Monday’s “actual” tally … Continue reading
Craig always promised to lighten up as Bond. Never did. Until now These are good times for Mr. Craig. A “Knives Out” franchise to replace Bond. This is how you move your Bond movie from April to Nov. and make … Continue reading
No franchise dies these days. It just spins off from it’s spin off. A “Saw” picture with Chris Rock as a cop and Samuel L. Jackson having Jigsaw pretentions. April.