Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2020
Ian Daniels directed this film about environmental racism…in Canada, too.
There’s something about a real-world global pandemic that takes some of the “fun” out of such dystopian tales on the big screen. But “Only” is too good to dismiss, just escapist enough to make us forget “Hell, I could tune … Continue reading
Aaron Fisher wrote, directed and stars in a pretty convincing portrait of manic depression in “Inside the Rain,” a “finding yourself/finding love” romance staggered by cliches and delusional missteps. The director Fisher gives the actor Fisher places to shine. The … Continue reading
“The Social Ones” is a knowing smirk of a farce about social media “influencers” and the dizzy, faux importance they have in our cell-and-selfie-obsessed culture. Funny people vamp up funny characters in a deadpan comedy that lightly lampoons the phenomenon … Continue reading