Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2020
Ian Daniels directed this film about environmental racism…in Canada, too.
There’s something about a real-world global pandemic that takes some of the “fun” out of such dystopian tales on the big screen. But “Only” is too good to dismiss, just escapist enough to make us forget “Hell, I could tune … Continue reading
Aaron Fisher wrote, directed and stars in a pretty convincing portrait of manic depression in “Inside the Rain,” a “finding yourself/finding love” romance staggered by cliches and delusional missteps. The director Fisher gives the actor Fisher places to shine. The … Continue reading
“The Social Ones” is a knowing smirk of a farce about social media “influencers” and the dizzy, faux importance they have in our cell-and-selfie-obsessed culture. Funny people vamp up funny characters in a deadpan comedy that lightly lampoons the phenomenon … Continue reading