Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2020
Ian Daniels directed this film about environmental racism…in Canada, too.
There’s something about a real-world global pandemic that takes some of the “fun” out of such dystopian tales on the big screen. But “Only” is too good to dismiss, just escapist enough to make us forget “Hell, I could tune … Continue reading
Aaron Fisher wrote, directed and stars in a pretty convincing portrait of manic depression in “Inside the Rain,” a “finding yourself/finding love” romance staggered by cliches and delusional missteps. The director Fisher gives the actor Fisher places to shine. The … Continue reading
“The Social Ones” is a knowing smirk of a farce about social media “influencers” and the dizzy, faux importance they have in our cell-and-selfie-obsessed culture. Funny people vamp up funny characters in a deadpan comedy that lightly lampoons the phenomenon … Continue reading