Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2020
Ian Daniels directed this film about environmental racism…in Canada, too.
There’s something about a real-world global pandemic that takes some of the “fun” out of such dystopian tales on the big screen. But “Only” is too good to dismiss, just escapist enough to make us forget “Hell, I could tune … Continue reading
Aaron Fisher wrote, directed and stars in a pretty convincing portrait of manic depression in “Inside the Rain,” a “finding yourself/finding love” romance staggered by cliches and delusional missteps. The director Fisher gives the actor Fisher places to shine. The … Continue reading
“The Social Ones” is a knowing smirk of a farce about social media “influencers” and the dizzy, faux importance they have in our cell-and-selfie-obsessed culture. Funny people vamp up funny characters in a deadpan comedy that lightly lampoons the phenomenon … Continue reading