Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Catch it while you can, "ECCO" could be the worst movie of 2019
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 3, 2020
What an unalloyed delight “Emma.” is. As “Emma” always is, and indeed, as most Jane Austen adaptations are. Unless you try to add zombies. This time, Anya Taylor-Joy of “Thoroughbreds” and “Glass” has the title role, and turns her big … Continue reading
Anime films based on popular manga are the ultimate filmgoing “Stranger in a Strange Land” experience. They’re an alien movie outing that doesn’t abide by normal rules of plot, logic and story and an animated experience which you can’t measure … Continue reading
“Mistaken” is a story of one woman’s torment in the weeks and months after 9/11. Laila Besheer was interrogated repeatedly by the F.B.I. after the hijackings, once grabbed and grilled in an airport basement office for hours — while pregnant … Continue reading