Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A love poem to Cinema in Soft Focus -- "Empire of Light"
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 3, 2020
What an unalloyed delight “Emma.” is. As “Emma” always is, and indeed, as most Jane Austen adaptations are. Unless you try to add zombies. This time, Anya Taylor-Joy of “Thoroughbreds” and “Glass” has the title role, and turns her big … Continue reading
Anime films based on popular manga are the ultimate filmgoing “Stranger in a Strange Land” experience. They’re an alien movie outing that doesn’t abide by normal rules of plot, logic and story and an animated experience which you can’t measure … Continue reading
“Mistaken” is a story of one woman’s torment in the weeks and months after 9/11. Laila Besheer was interrogated repeatedly by the F.B.I. after the hijackings, once grabbed and grilled in an airport basement office for hours — while pregnant … Continue reading