Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 22, 2020
n “Streetlight Harmonies” is a short, brisk documentary that takes us from Gospel close harmony singing as it morphed into pop music, covering The Inkspots through doo wop, Motown and The Beach Boys to En Vogue and *NSYNC. Built on … Continue reading
No, not Lily’s “real” Dad, Phil Collins. But wouldn’t THAT be something? “Inheritance” goes live/becomes available April 23.
A classic philosophical conundrum is, “If a tree falls in the forest with nobody there, is there any sound?” To that let me add, “If there’s a movie that appears, on DVD and the Internet, with no credits, did anybody … Continue reading