Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 13, 2020
Those of you who like your hip hop Hebrew flavored better get yourself Apple+ TV. I tell you what.
I can’t speak for you, but I’m a little numb with shock at this “shelter in place/self-quarantine/lay low y’all” that has dropped on our 21st century civilization’s heads. It’s one thing to adore the science fiction allegories of old “Twilight … Continue reading
We don’t need to hear the voice of William Shatner as narrator to know where the screenwriters of “To the Last Death” got their plot. It’s an animated “Saw” movie built on the bones of “The Gamesters of Triskelion,” an … Continue reading
SOMEbody had the very clever idea of re-imagining the compelling drama about parents worried their kid is a psychopath, “We Need to Talk About Kevin,” as a horror film. So good on you, writer-director Tucia Lyman. The kid’s name is … Continue reading
With studios rushing to pull everything they have a prayer of making a buck off of from their release slate, it’s the perfect time to catch up on movies that remain in theaters because…they have nothing else to show and … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Will anybody see Bloodshot’ or ‘The Hunt’ this weekend? After ‘My Spy,’ ‘Mulan’, ‘New Mutants,’ ‘Antlers,’ ‘FF9,’ Bond, ‘Quiet Place’ and ‘Peter Rabbit’ move?
Last evening, I was An Audience of One at a showing of ‘Bloodshot’ in the coastal Florida suburb where I live.Sony didn’t preview it here. They know its a bit of a dog. A few families were showing up for … Continue reading