Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 15, 2020
BOX OFFICE: “Onward” wins–BARELY, “I Still Believe” clears $9.5, “Bloodshot” manages $9.3 — “Hunt” bombs
A steep falloff in business at theaters thanks to the Coronavirus and a reduction in new releases. Theaters may be empty one way or the other next weekend. “Onward” expected to pull in $15-16 million and change. It barely cleared … Continue reading
Having electricity and internet connection and extra time on your hands, with no sports (Today’s “opiate of the masses.”) to while away any indoor hours you have for social isolating, maybe it’s time you caught up on classic cinema.No, I … Continue reading
I wonder if theater chains will be facing bankruptcy over this, something this “Hollywood” centered Hollywood Reporter story omits. Amid the #coronavirus outbreak, taking wide-release tentpoles off the schedule doesn’t come cheap — nor does shuttering production on hundreds of … Continue reading