Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 15, 2020
BOX OFFICE: “Onward” wins–BARELY, “I Still Believe” clears $9.5, “Bloodshot” manages $9.3 — “Hunt” bombs
A steep falloff in business at theaters thanks to the Coronavirus and a reduction in new releases. Theaters may be empty one way or the other next weekend. “Onward” expected to pull in $15-16 million and change. It barely cleared … Continue reading
Having electricity and internet connection and extra time on your hands, with no sports (Today’s “opiate of the masses.”) to while away any indoor hours you have for social isolating, maybe it’s time you caught up on classic cinema.No, I … Continue reading
I wonder if theater chains will be facing bankruptcy over this, something this “Hollywood” centered Hollywood Reporter story omits. Amid the #coronavirus outbreak, taking wide-release tentpoles off the schedule doesn’t come cheap — nor does shuttering production on hundreds of … Continue reading