Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 15, 2020
BOX OFFICE: “Onward” wins–BARELY, “I Still Believe” clears $9.5, “Bloodshot” manages $9.3 — “Hunt” bombs
A steep falloff in business at theaters thanks to the Coronavirus and a reduction in new releases. Theaters may be empty one way or the other next weekend. “Onward” expected to pull in $15-16 million and change. It barely cleared … Continue reading
Having electricity and internet connection and extra time on your hands, with no sports (Today’s “opiate of the masses.”) to while away any indoor hours you have for social isolating, maybe it’s time you caught up on classic cinema.No, I … Continue reading
I wonder if theater chains will be facing bankruptcy over this, something this “Hollywood” centered Hollywood Reporter story omits. Amid the #coronavirus outbreak, taking wide-release tentpoles off the schedule doesn’t come cheap — nor does shuttering production on hundreds of … Continue reading