Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A step to down to "Jumanji: The Next Level"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Documentary Review: Surfing twins take on the world and the big waves, "And Two if By Sea: The Hobgood Brothers"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: July 2019
Storm Reid and Mykelti Williamson are the big names in this tale of a murdered family that will not let go of a surviving member. It opens on the last weekend of August, a dumping ground where a promising horror … Continue reading
Looks cute, with social commentary built in. August 20, this festival favorite hits VOD.
You don’t even have to shoot in color. A little VR start up wants to let you see the world through someone else’s eyes. Empathy is to be the byproduct. Zack Robidas, Kathy Searle and Nat Klaitz star in it.
The trailer that won the Super Bowl finally becomes a movie in the flesh this Thursday night. Love the pairing of DJ and J. Stath, Idris makes a formidable villain. I doubt of the cars upstage these lads, McLaren or … Continue reading
There’s no predicting how “Teacher” will play in the world wide cinescape. But it hit me. I found writer-director Adam Dick’s debut feature relentlessly disturbing on all sorts of levels. And no, that won’t be to every taste. He and … Continue reading
The latest Netflix wrinkle on that “Lifetime Original Movie” staple, “That’s not my baby,” is about man who makes that claim, an Argentinian artist who is on and off the wagon, and either on or off his rocker. Yes, “The … Continue reading
Disney, Marvel and Pixar have even to it that the House of Mouse has shattered the single year box office record for a studio. Over $7.67 billion for the year already — with over five more months of receipts to … Continue reading
But for…how long? And more importantly…why? Showings will be Sept. 15th at an AMC theater near you, a Fandango/AMC event. https://t.co/Dq1NWf0t9Y https://twitter.com/EW/status/1155795764813152257?s=17
Mark Hamill shared this “Star Wars” screen test on the love-in we call his Twitter feed. It is…adorbs. See for yourself. “My screen-test for @starwars w/ Harrison on the 1st day I ever met him. Neither 1 of us had … Continue reading
A tricky thing, making a colonial-era rescue mission thriller in our post-colonial age. Do you pay heed to political correctness, or do you just let the visceral action, suspense and “us vs. them” violence work on that more primitive part … Continue reading