Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 19, 2018
Preview, “The HappyTime Murders”
Oh, the Dog Days of late August. Studios dump movies that couldn’t hack it in summer, couldn’t break free of the pack in fall. But this twisted Muppets go Blue in a Melissa McCarthy murder mystery is “No ‘Sesame, All … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview, “The HappyTime Murders”
When in Windsor, will Meghan and Harry tipple here?
Roger and Kim had a dram or two when we were in Windsor last fall.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on When in Windsor, will Meghan and Harry tipple here?
Movie Review: Documentary about “That Summer” takes us back to “Grey Gardens”
Since its release in 1975, the Maysles Brother’s documentary about genteel decay and madness, “Grey Gardens,” has been celebrated as one of the great films of the genre. It’s inspired an award-winning HBO dramatic film and a Broadway musical. It’s … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Deadpool 2” grabs R-rated opening record, $53 million Friday, $130+ million weekend
Fox’s projections for what “Deadpool 2” might do on its opening weekend appear to be right on the mark. A huge Thursday night and a record-setting (beating “It”) Friday of over $53 million have the film on track to clear … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Deadpool 2” grabs R-rated opening record, $53 million Friday, $130+ million weekend