Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2018
Oh, the Dog Days of late August. Studios dump movies that couldn’t hack it in summer, couldn’t break free of the pack in fall. But this twisted Muppets go Blue in a Melissa McCarthy murder mystery is “No ‘Sesame, All … Continue reading
Roger and Kim had a dram or two when we were in Windsor last fall.
Since its release in 1975, the Maysles Brother’s documentary about genteel decay and madness, “Grey Gardens,” has been celebrated as one of the great films of the genre. It’s inspired an award-winning HBO dramatic film and a Broadway musical. It’s … Continue reading
Fox’s projections for what “Deadpool 2” might do on its opening weekend appear to be right on the mark. A huge Thursday night and a record-setting (beating “It”) Friday of over $53 million have the film on track to clear … Continue reading