Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Movie Review: Let's keep "Black Christmas" in the dark
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? "6 Underground," let'em stay there
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 21, 2018
It’s about the run-up to the Iraq invasion, it stars Tommy Lee Jones, Jessica Biel, Milla Jovovich, James Marsden, Woody Harrelson and Rob Reiner, who also directed it. Yes, Reiner’s an outspoken liberal and thus a critic of Bush and … Continue reading
Et tu, Netflix? Here I am, trying to track down “The Quiller Memorandum,” and you don’t have the rights/bandwidth capacity to be the World’s Greatest Repository of 100 years of Feature Films. But you’re spending money on another GD zombie … Continue reading
First impressions matter, and Natalie Dormer’s was a corker. The British bombshell first gained notice as Anne Boleyn in TV’s “The Tudors,” insatiable, scheming, the encyclopedic picture of “man eater.” It’s an image that’s followed her, for good or ill, … Continue reading
The French street artist JR (Jean-Rene…something) takes evocative photographs, blows them and plasters them on walls, alleys, rooftops — public spaces. Think of a more sentimental Banksy, somebody whose work is more about delight than provocation. Agnés Varda is one … Continue reading