Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Lifelong Friends Journey from "Chantilly Lace" to "Chantilly Bridge"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 31, 2018
Movie Review: Guilt, remorse and recklessness reckon with the “Beast”
“What’s wrong with you?” Jersey islander Moll hears this often, and her reactions — wincing, wounded, resigned — make us realize she’s been hearing it for years, if not all her life. Moll (Jessie Buckley of the recent A & … Continue reading
Next Screening, “Adrift” with Shailene
Actually, the first film of the day is a belated viewing of “Beast.” Then there’s “Hereditary,” the new Toni Collette horror piece from A24. But STX is releasing this Shailene lost-at-sea adventure without previewing it for critics, and as I … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening, “Adrift” with Shailene