Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 11, 2018
Olivia Munn. There. Does that sell tickets? No? Shane Black directs her, Boyd Holbrook, Sterling K. Brown, Jake Busey and Edward James Olmos. “The Predator” opens Sept. 14, just in time for awards season.
August is traditionally a studio dumping ground, movies not strong enough to stand with the Big Boys of Summer, movies will few prospects of garnering attention during “Awards Season,” which begins in fall. But smart players of the box office … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Pans for “Life of the Party,” “Breaking In,” but can they break out at the box office?
“Infinity War” is going to own the vast majority of the movie-going audience for at least one more weekend. Because, you know, “Deadpool 2” opens next week. And maybe, JUST MAYBE, filmgoers and even comic book movie fans are going … Continue reading
A big hand for the strong and enduring marriage of comic phenom Melissa McCarthy and comic Ben Falcone. And it’s also impressive that McCarthy has made it a point to give her showbiz husband a leg up thanks to her … Continue reading