Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 11, 2018
Olivia Munn. There. Does that sell tickets? No? Shane Black directs her, Boyd Holbrook, Sterling K. Brown, Jake Busey and Edward James Olmos. “The Predator” opens Sept. 14, just in time for awards season.
August is traditionally a studio dumping ground, movies not strong enough to stand with the Big Boys of Summer, movies will few prospects of garnering attention during “Awards Season,” which begins in fall. But smart players of the box office … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Pans for “Life of the Party,” “Breaking In,” but can they break out at the box office?
“Infinity War” is going to own the vast majority of the movie-going audience for at least one more weekend. Because, you know, “Deadpool 2” opens next week. And maybe, JUST MAYBE, filmgoers and even comic book movie fans are going … Continue reading
A big hand for the strong and enduring marriage of comic phenom Melissa McCarthy and comic Ben Falcone. And it’s also impressive that McCarthy has made it a point to give her showbiz husband a leg up thanks to her … Continue reading