Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 8, 2018
Ned Chipley doesn’t do things half-way. He’s an eager beaver of the first order. “He just wants to help,” his frustrated mother explains. He wants to help entirely too much. Like the time, in the cougar suit as his high … Continue reading
In space, on Mars, things can go wrong. And do. But what’s an investigator into a space accident to do when the AI “assisting” her in the digging has a mind of its own? Sci-fi on a budget, for sure. … Continue reading
“Terminal” is a neo-noir mystery-thriller in the “Sin City/Dark City” vein, a not-exactly-triumph of style over story, surface sheen over coherence. Built around another bombshell bad-girl turn by Margot Robbie, it’s getting limited release and is destined to be quickly … Continue reading