Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 8, 2018
Ned Chipley doesn’t do things half-way. He’s an eager beaver of the first order. “He just wants to help,” his frustrated mother explains. He wants to help entirely too much. Like the time, in the cougar suit as his high … Continue reading
In space, on Mars, things can go wrong. And do. But what’s an investigator into a space accident to do when the AI “assisting” her in the digging has a mind of its own? Sci-fi on a budget, for sure. … Continue reading
“Terminal” is a neo-noir mystery-thriller in the “Sin City/Dark City” vein, a not-exactly-triumph of style over story, surface sheen over coherence. Built around another bombshell bad-girl turn by Margot Robbie, it’s getting limited release and is destined to be quickly … Continue reading