Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Amazon serves up the Holocaust as Vengeance Fantasy -- "Hunters"
- Netflixable? Big bucks for a low-rent potboiler -- "The Last Thing He Wanted"
- Movie Review: With "Onward," Pixar takes a step backward
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 8, 2018
Ned Chipley doesn’t do things half-way. He’s an eager beaver of the first order. “He just wants to help,” his frustrated mother explains. He wants to help entirely too much. Like the time, in the cougar suit as his high … Continue reading
In space, on Mars, things can go wrong. And do. But what’s an investigator into a space accident to do when the AI “assisting” her in the digging has a mind of its own? Sci-fi on a budget, for sure. … Continue reading
“Terminal” is a neo-noir mystery-thriller in the “Sin City/Dark City” vein, a not-exactly-triumph of style over story, surface sheen over coherence. Built around another bombshell bad-girl turn by Margot Robbie, it’s getting limited release and is destined to be quickly … Continue reading