Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 2, 2018
Wartime survival epics are a rich genre unto themselves, and with “The 12th Man,” Norway has one that ranks among the very best. Give it to run of the mill Dutch director Harald Zwart. He makes his own journey from … Continue reading